List of Publications
- Richter, G., Raban, D. R., & and Rafaeli, S. (2018). Tailoring a Points Scoring Mechanism for Crowd-Based Knowledge Pooling. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-51), Big Island, Hawaii, Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai’I at Manoa.
- Zlotnik, S., Weissbrem-Padan, D., and Richter, G. (2017). Implementing elements of collaborative learning and gamification in an academic occupational therapy program. AOTA Annual Conference & Expo: Centennial Celebration. Philadelphia, March 30 – April 2, 2017.
- Richter, G. Raban, D.R. and Rafaeli, S. (2015). Studying Gamification: the Effect of Rewards and Incentives on Motivation. P. 21-46, Chapter 2, In T. Reiners & L. C. Wood (Eds), Gamification in Education and Business. Springer.
- Richter, G., Raban, D. R. and Rafaeli, S. (2014). The mathematics of knowledge sharing gamification. MEITAL Gamification Conference, Tel Aviv.
- Richter, G., Raban, D.R. and Rafaeli, S. (2014) Score keeping function in a knowledge sharing game. Proceedings of the ECIS 2014 Conference, Tel Aviv, 11 June 2014, Israel.
- Richter, G., Raban, D.R. and Rafaeli, S. (2014) The effect of different score systems on player performance. Meital 2014, Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- Richter, G. and Raban, D.R. (2012) Schedules of reinforcement and game experience
Proceedings of the MCIS 2012 Conference, Guimaraes, Portugal , and in AIS eLibrary. Best paper award
- Raban, D. R. and Richter, G. (2011). Harnessing the Power of Games to Enhance Organizational Knowledge Sharing.
Proceedings of the 5th ILAIS Conference, The Open University of Israel
- רבן, ד. וריכטר ג. (2011) , לשחק (גם) בעבודה גלילאו 154: 56-57. המאמר פורסם גם במידעתון 102, מרכז הספר והספריות בישראל, ספטמבר 2011, ובאתר האינטרנט "הידען", ספטמבר 2011
- Raban, D., & Richter, G. (2011). Playing games at work. Galileo, 154, 56-57.
Richter, G., Raban, D. (2017). Changes in mathematics and science curricula and in the knowledge about their learning and instruction in Israel in light of developments around the world regarding knowledge about learning and the view of the teacher’s and the education system's role. Insights from Past initiatives to Promote Science Education in Israel: Learning from Selected Issues. The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, The Initiative for Applied Education Research, Jerusalem.
Participation in Conferences
Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-51), Big Island, Hawaii. Hilton Waikoloa Village, 2-6.1.2018. Tailoring a Points Scoring Mechanism for Crowd-Based Knowledge Pooling.
Israel Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services. Tel Aviv, January 30, 2018. Serious Games and Gamification -Lecture and workshop
AOTA Annual Conference & Expo: Centennial Celebration. Philadelphia, March 30 – April 2, 2017. Implementing elements of collaborative learning and gamification in an academic occupational therapy program.
Annual Conference for Information Management. Tel Aviv, March 30, 2017. Gaming & Gamification
The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Symposium: Learning from Past Initiatives to Improve Science Education in Israel. Ramat Rachel, Jerusalem, November 1, 2016. Changes in Mathematics and Sciences Curricula and in the Knowledge about their Learning and Instruction in Israel – In Light of Developments around the World Regarding Knowledge about Learning and the View of the Teacher’s and the Education System’s Role
Researchers' Night 2016. University of Haifa. September 22. Citizen Science Games
Israel Ministry of Education, Tel Aviv. Serious Games and Gamification in Education
LINKS 3rd Annual Retreat, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, September 8-9, 2015. Gamification - Tech & Learning in Action Groups, 2-days sessions
Researchers' Night 2015. University of Haifa. September 21, 2015. Online Games - A Problem or an Opportunity?
The 12th Annual MEITAL National Conference 2014. Levinsky College of Education, Tel-Aviv, 2 July 2014. The effect of different score systems on player performance.
ECIS 2014 . Tel Aviv, 11 June 2014, Israel. Score keeping function in a knowledge sharing game.
Seminar. Ruppin Academic Center February 5 2014.Serious games in higher education
IsraHCI 2014. IBM Haifa. 14 January 2014. Using Common Gamification Elements to Enhance Knowledge Sharing: The effect of Score Keeping Function on Player Performance.
Links seminar. University of Haifa. September 12 2013. Gamification Research
Researchers' Night 2013. University of Haifa. September 12. Games for crowds research
INFO 2013 - Hilton Hotel Tel Aviv, May 6-8 2013- Games for Crowds
MCIS 2012 - Guimarães, Portugal - September 8-10, 2012- Schedules of reinforcement and game experience. One of the two Best Papers of the conference
Israeli Conference on Information Science 2012 - Western Galilee College, Akko, June 2012- Knowledge sharing enhanced by a game. I received a letter of appreciation from the conference Program Chair
Seminar. IBM R&D Lab Haifa Israel. Score Keeping Functions in Online CBSG (Crowd Based Serious Games)
The 5th Israel Association for Information Systems (ILAIS) Conference- Ra'anana, The Open University of Israel June 2011- Harnessing the Power of Games to Enhance Organizational Knowledge Sharing.
Annual Conference for Information Studies 2011 -Bar Ilan University April 2011 -On the Connection between Trivia Games and Business Glossaries
2016 - The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Research title: Learning from Past Initiatives to Improve Science Education in Israel and Promote Excellence
The Center for Internet Research Scholarship
Travel grant, University of Haifa
Travel grant, LINKS Scholarship
2017 to 2014
LINKS Scholarship, the ISF Center for Research Excellence
2017 to 2013
Tuition scholarships for Excellent, University of Haifa
Israel Internet Association Scholarship
Scholarship for Excellence, University of Haifa
Scholarship for Excellenceת University of Haifa
AWARDS2018 Publications Grant
2014 Publications Grant
2014 Dean's Prize for Outstanding Research Excellence
2012 Best paper award. MCIS
2012, Guimaraes, Portugal.
2012 Best paper award, Information Science Conference
2010 MBA Magna Cum laude, University of Haifa
Public Community Activities
2014, 2016 Advanced Program for Public Leadership
2013- present- Board Member, A SOCIETY FOR ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION, CULTURE AND SPORT – ZVULUN
2012 - present -Plenary member, Zvulun Regional Council
2012- present- Chairman, Students Scholarship Committee, Zvulun Regional Council
2002-2005, 2007-2012- member of Nofit’s Local committee
2002 - present, one of the leaders of Ohad Zach navigation competition (commemoration event)
2003- present – Entrepreneur of a regional event “Music and Nature”