List of Publications
- Richter, G. (2018). Know your crowd:
A study on gamification in crowdsourcing to encourage user contributions. Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School, Oxford, UK, University of Oxford e-Research Centre. http://www.dhoxss.net/posters
- Richter, G., Raban, D. R., & and Rafaeli, S. (2018). Re-playing: The role of the scoring mechanism design as motivator. Paper presented at Meaningful Play 2018, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI. Carnegie Mellon University: ETC Press, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Richter, G., Raban, D. R., & and Rafaeli, S. (2018). Tailoring a Points Scoring Mechanism for Crowd-Based Knowledge Pooling. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-51), Big Island, Hawaii, Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai’I at Manoa.
- Zlotnik, S., Weissbrem-Padan, D., and Richter, G. (2017). Implementing elements of collaborative learning and gamification in an academic occupational therapy program. AOTA Annual Conference & Expo: Centennial Celebration. Philadelphia, March 30 – April 2, 2017.
- Richter, G. Raban, D.R. and Rafaeli, S. (2015). Studying Gamification: the Effect of Rewards and Incentives on Motivation. P. 21-46, Chapter 2, In T. Reiners & L. C. Wood (Eds), Gamification in Education and Business. Springer.
- Richter, G., Raban, D. R. and Rafaeli, S. (2014). The mathematics of knowledge sharing gamification. MEITAL Gamification Conference, Tel Aviv.
- Richter, G., Raban, D.R. and Rafaeli, S. (2014) Score keeping function in a knowledge sharing game. Proceedings of the ECIS 2014 Conference, Tel Aviv, 11 June 2014, Israel.
- Richter, G., Raban, D.R. and Rafaeli, S. (2014) The effect of different score systems on player performance. Meital 2014, Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- Richter, G. and Raban, D.R. (2012) Schedules of reinforcement and game experience
Proceedings of the MCIS 2012 Conference, Guimaraes, Portugal , and in AIS eLibrary. Best paper award
- Raban, D. R. and Richter, G. (2011). Harnessing the Power of Games to Enhance Organizational Knowledge Sharing.
Proceedings of the 5th ILAIS Conference, The Open University of Israel
Ken-Dror Feldman, D., Richter, G. (2018). The Power and Rights of the Virtual Citizen in the Virtual and Global World -of 9B People. Israel’s Innovation Summit 2018, Peres Center for Peace and Innovation.
- ריכטר, ג. (2018). משחקים דיגיטליים-הזדמנות ללמידה אחרת. ניתוח תוצאות מבחן פיזה 2015 במערכת החינוך בישראל, באמצעות מערכת 'פיזה פתוח'. המרכז לחקר האינטרנט וקרן טראמפ
- Richter, G. (2018). Digital Games: An opportunity for learning. What can we learn from PISA data on the situating of video games in classrooms? The Trump Foundation, Israel
- רבן, ד. וריכטר ג. (2011) , לשחק (גם) בעבודה גלילאו 154: 56-57. המאמר פורסם גם במידעתון 102, מרכז הספר והספריות בישראל, ספטמבר 2011, ובאתר האינטרנט "הידען", ספטמבר 2011
- Raban, D., & Richter, G. (2011). Playing games at work. Galileo, 154, 56-57.
- Richter, G., Raban, D. (2017). Changes in mathematics and science curricula and in the knowledge about their learning and instruction in Israel in light of developments around the world regarding knowledge about learning and the view of the teacher’s and the education system's role. Insights from Past initiatives to Promote Science Education in Israel: Learning from Selected Issues. The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, The Initiative for Applied Education Research, Jerusalem
Information Behavior Tech-Projects
- Developing GUESS – a game for crowds uniquely designed for knowledge contribution (with Prof. Sheizaf Rafaeli, Prof. Daphne Raban and the IBM Social Technologies team).
- Developing a mobile app./game for crowds specially designed to address the question of providing feedback through the scoring mechanism design in order to promote user’s motivation to contribute knowledge.
reSearch centers affiliations
- The Center for Internet Research
- LINKS ISF Center of Research Excellence (Learning in a Networked Society)
- Games for Executives Initiative
Participation in Conferences
Zefat Academic College, academic event. Keynote: Games are Serious Business
Meaningful Play 2018, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI. Re-playing: The role of the scoring mechanism design as motivator
Digital Humanities at Oxford (DHOxSS) 2018, Oxford UK, Keble College 2-6 July 2018. Know your crowd: A study on gamification in crowdsourcing to encourage user contributions
Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-51), Big Island, Hawaii. Hilton Waikoloa Village, 2-6.1.2018. Tailoring a Points Scoring Mechanism for Crowd-Based Knowledge Pooling.
Israel Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services. Tel Aviv, January 30, 2018. Serious Games and Gamification -Lecture and workshop
AOTA Annual Conference & Expo: Centennial Celebration. Philadelphia, March 30 – April 2, 2017. Implementing elements of collaborative learning and gamification in an academic occupational therapy program
Annual Conference for Information Management. Tel Aviv, March 30, 2017. Gaming & Gamification
The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Symposium: Learning from Past Initiatives to Improve Science Education in Israel. Ramat Rachel, Jerusalem, November 1, 2016. Changes in Mathematics and Sciences Curricula and in the Knowledge about their Learning and Instruction in Israel – In Light of Developments around the World Regarding Knowledge about Learning and the View of the Teacher’s and the Education System’s Role
Researchers' Night 2016. University of Haifa. September 22. Citizen Science Games
Israel Ministry of Education, Tel Aviv. Serious Games and Gamification in Education
LINKS 3rd Annual Retreat, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, September 8-9, 2015. Gamification - Tech & Learning in Action Groups, 2-days sessions
Researchers' Night 2015. University of Haifa. September 21, 2015. Online Games - A Problem or an Opportunity?
ECIS 2014 . Tel Aviv, 11 June 2014, Israel. Score keeping function in a knowledge sharing game.
Seminar. Ruppin Academic Center February 5 2014.Serious games in higher education
MEITAL (IUCEL). Gamification. Tel-Aviv, January 27 2014. The Mathematics of Knowledge Sharing Gamification
IsraHCI 2014. IBM Haifa. 14 January 2014. Using Common Gamification Elements to Enhance Knowledge Sharing: The effect of Score Keeping Function on Player Performance.
Links seminar. University of Haifa. September 12 2013. Gamification Research
Researchers' Night 2013. University of Haifa. September 12. Games for crowds research
INFO 2013 - Hilton Hotel Tel Aviv, May 6-8 2013- Games for Crowds
MCIS 2012 - Guimarães, Portugal - September 8-10, 2012- Schedules of reinforcement and game experience. Best paper award
Israeli Conference on Information Science 2012 - Western Galilee College, Akko, June 2012- Knowledge sharing enhanced by a game. I received a letter of appreciation from the conference Program Chair
Seminar. IBM R&D Lab Haifa Israel. Score Keeping Functions in Online CBSG (Crowd Based Serious Games)
The 5th Israel Association for Information Systems (ILAIS) Conference- Ra'anana, The Open University of Israel June 2011- Harnessing the Power of Games to Enhance Organizational Knowledge Sharing.
Annual Conference for Information Studies 2011 -Bar Ilan University April 2011 -On the Connection between Trivia Games and Business Glossaries
2016 - The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Research title: Learning from Past Initiatives to Improve Science Education in Israel and Promote Excellence
2018 University of Oxford e-Research Centre scholarship for early-career researchers
2018 The Trump Foundation Scholarship for research
2018 Faculty of Management Fellowship, University of Haifa
2018 The Center for Internet Research Scholarship
2018 Travel grant, University of Haifa
2018 Travel grant, LINKS Scholarship, the ISF Center for Research Excellence
2014-2018 LINKS Scholarship, the ISF Center for Research Excellence
2013-2018 Scholarships for Excellent, University of Haifa
2014 Israel Internet Association Scholarship
2012 Scholarship for Excellence, Advanced Studies Authority, University of Haifa
2009 Scholarship for Excellence in Studies, Advanced Studies Authority, University of Haifa
2018 Belkin Prize, SCIP
2018 Best paper award, Open PISA. The Trump Foundation & The Center for Internet Research
2018 Publications grant, The Center for Internet Research
2018 Publications grant, University of Haifa
2014 Publications Grant
2012 Best paper award. MCIS, Guimaraes, Portugal.
2012 Best paper award, Information Science Conference
2010 MBA Magna Cum laude, University of Haifa
Public Community Activities
2014, 2016 Advanced Program for Public Leadership
2013- present- Board Member, A SOCIETY FOR ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION, CULTURE AND SPORT – ZVULUN
2012 - present -Plenary member, Zvulun Regional Council
2012- present- Chairman, Students Scholarship Committee, Zvulun Regional Council
2002-2005, 2007-2012- member of Nofit’s Local committee
2002 - present, one of the leaders of Ohad Zach navigation competition (commemoration event)
2003- present – Entrepreneur of a regional event “Music and Nature”